It is a Fantastico Feeling!

There I was, sitting down, Heart racing, palms sweaty and all my attention on the stage. The adrenaline coursing through me was making me restless. The centerpiece of everyone's attention, the teacher goes on with her speech. Oh, people have started staring at me, what is the reason? I furiously try to come to some sort of conclusion. Finally, I realize that I have been tapping my feet on the ground. I stop that and start paying attention to the teacher again.

“We are going to conduct a head lice examination every day at the entrance,” wait that doesn’t sound right? Oops my attention drifted away. “We have had a very successful year so far and the science department has achieved a lot.” Yep that sounds correct, wait don’t disturb she is getting to the point. Oops where are my manners, I am Siddharth and as for how I reached here well I’ll need to explain.
First things first, I am in the school auditorium waiting to hear the results for the huge science contest held during the year (Yep, I love science. Who doesn’t?) and I am glad to say that I actually made it to the finals. Yeah so I am waiting for the results and I have to say it is hard to say who will win.

Okay now introduction done let us catch up with reality again now, shall we? Yes, she is reaching the part,” And I was saying, the epitome of the science department’s achievements was our contest. And as every contest needs a winner, ours is no different. The winner is …”

Aah what is this? I open my eyes to my dog Coco licking me. Aww I have been trying to get him to lick me awake for so long now. I can’t stay angry with him. Have you ever tried being angry with a dog, it just simply isn’t possible. Either way, today was the day. The dream was replaying in my mind. Is it me?

Either way I got late and had to run. That happens a lot, like everyday. Anyway that is beside the point. The point is that all my attention is going to be devoted to that. What was the climax? The missing part? The suspense was killing me. The announcement was going to be towards the end of the day.

“I can tolerate anything”, I said to myself continuously. I just had 3 hours to go. “Is it that time yet?” that thought was the most dominant thought. Finally the moment arrived. “The winner is Siddharth Parmar, please come up to the stage to receive your prize.” Whoa, I went up to the stage and collected my prize. But at that one moment I felt absolutely ‘fantastico’!.

This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School reopens!

Random updates

The New Datsun redi-GO, a stunning new car